Antenna of Creative Europe Culture Desk Serbia
In line with the strategic commitment of the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina to full EU membership and administrative capacity building, as well as the need to improve the utilisation of available EU funding opportunities, the European Affairs Fund of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina signed the agreement on the establishment of the Antenna of Creative Europe Culture Desk Serbia with the Ministry of Culture and Information of the Government of the Republic of Serbia on 14thNovember 2014.
The agreement is an institutional framework for the timely and comprehensive implementation of the EU programme called Creative Europe - Culture sub-programme via the Creative Europe Culture Desk Serbia, which is an integral part of the Ministry of Culture and Information, and the Antenna, which is an integral part of the European Affairs Fund of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina.
The Creative Europe programme - Culture sub-programme helps the cultural and creative sector to operate competitively and transnationally, promotes the cross-border circulation of works of culture and the mobility of cultural players, and provides financial support to projects with a European dimension aiming to share cultural content across borders.
The establishment of the Antenna has created conditions for regular dissemination of information on the programme and calls, training of stakeholders, providing advice and technical support to potential applicants, as well as the entire promotion of the Creative Europe programme - Culture sub-programme in the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina.
The Antenna of Creative Europe Culture Desk Serbia was officially opened on 1st January 2015. The headquarters are at the premises of the European Affairs Fund of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina. It is the first time that the office of a European programme has formed a part of a provincial institution.
The Antenna provides information about the Creative Europe programme and calls under it, as well as assistance in partner search, project development, filling-in of application forms and better project visibility to cultural institutions, civil society organizations and professionals in the field of culture.
to achieve the abovementioned, the Antenna organizes on regular basis:
- basic and advanced level workshops and other educational activities to transfer the know-how necessary for submitting applications for funds under the Creative Europe programme;
- conferences in the field of cultural policy and cultural management;
- Info days to promote the Creative Europe programme and other EU programmes;
- training courses at cultural institutions by working directly with employees (in-house training);
- presentation of successful projects in Serbia, the region and Europe.
In cooperation with the Creative Europe Culture Desk Serbia, the Antenna:
- promotes modern concepts of international cooperation;
- promotes modern software and business policies in the field of culture;
- increases the capacities of local cultural institutions and civil society organizations for international cooperation;
- encourages interdisciplinarity and intersectoral cooperation;
- cooperates with the public, civil and private sectors, individuals, informal groups and networks.